At Brooke House College Summer School we are committed to protecting children from harm and safeguarding their rights. In this context, we follow a rigorous selection process to deter and reject unsuitable people and encourage individuals with the right attitudes and behaviour to work at Brooke House College.
Applicants are selected based on skills and person skills required. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, sex or disability. All candidates go through a similar recruitment process to ensure fairness. The recruitment process is conducted and overseen by the Summer School Director, who has been trained in Safer Recruitment.
If you are offered a job with us you will be required to undergo the following Safer Recruitment checks before you start working with us.
These checks apply for all positions, be they permanent, temporary, or casual work.
- Entitlement to work in the UK
- Medical Questionnaire
- Disclosure and Barring Services Checks (DBS)
- Qualifications (If applicable to position)
All applicants are advised that providing false information on your application or in relation to any of the checks outlined in the application form may result in your application being rejected or in your summary dismissal if you have been appointed.
Residential Activity Leader
- Deadline -18th February 2018
- Successful Applicants Invited to Interview - Week Beginning 19th February 2018
- Interviews - Week Beginning 26th February 2018 (please note that interviews can be conducted either in person or over Skype)
- Decisions & Conditional Offers of Employment Made - Friday 2nd March 2018
Notes for Returning Staff
Your application will be subject to the following considerations:
The strength of your application, as it compares with those from
new applicants and other returners.
- The way in which you conducted yourself, as noted by us, during
last year’s recruitment.
- Feedback given during your 2017 staff review and appraisal.
- Any additional feedback, formal or informal, that we may have
received about you during the course of your employment last year from
your Manager, colleagues, students or any other
stakeholders connected with the Summer School.
Submitting an Application
Applicants should download, complete and return the following application form. Return details are included on the application form.
Summer School Application Form
Academic Year Job Vacancies